- 2021-07-25: added a sky view chart
- 2021-07-21: added option to plot the number of hours an object spends above a given altitude, during astronomical night, sunless hours or 24-hour periods
- 2021-07-05: new URL, half the number of syllables: airmass.org! Old URLs should redirect seamlessly to the new site.
- 2021-07-01: deep-sky object names can be edited
- 2021-06-29: upper and lower pointing limits can be displayed on daily chart
- 2021-04-23: added Anton Pannekoek Observatory
- 2021-04-20: added Leoncito and Val d'Aosta observatories
- 2021-04-08: added Dominion Radio Astrophysical Observatory
- 2021-03-27: added Armagh Observatory
- 2021-03-26: added option to display current auroral activity
- 2021-03-21: added Loiano and Nishi-Harima Observatories
- 2021-03-19: added Bulgarian National and Metsähovi Radio Observatories
- 2021-03-02: added Moon viewer with feature labels
- 2021-02-13: updated light pollution data to 2016 values
- 2021-02-11: added clouds display to map
- 2021-02-04: added 7-day weather forecasts
- 2020-10-26: closed second user survey. Thanks for the comments and suggestions!
- 2020-08-11: multiple objects can now be plotted
- 2020-07-18: added facility to look up solar system objects
- 2020-07-11: added calculation of heliocentric velocity correction
- 2020-07-04: fixed coordinates of the AAO, removed duplicate entry under "Siding Spring"
- 2020-07-04: added Skinakas, Ishigaki and Okayama observatories
- 2020-06-29: added Dwingeloo Radio Telescope
- 2020-06-28: added link to SIMBAD page for objects identified in the field
- 2020-06-27: fixed incorrect coordinates of Haleakala Observatory
- 2020-04-24: implemented night mode. Press
d on a visibility page to try it.
- 2020-02-21: added National Observatories of Chile and Colombia
- 2020-02-08: added time conversions, live and hourly on the selected night
- 2020-02-07: Spanish and French language versions now available
- 2020-02-05: added list of observatories
- 2020-02-05: added display of lunar phase
- 2020-02-02: added Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory
- 2020-02-01: added light pollution information
- 2020-01-31: major rewrite of underlying code to enable planned upgrades
Some things I hope to implement in the future. Feature requests are very welcome - send any to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facility to upload lists of objects
- ...and that's it at the moment 😀